Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cauliflower Fried Rice- nope Im not crazy!!


Cauliflower Fried Rice

Well I was a lot sceptical because I am not a big fan of cauliflower and I do quite like rice so when I decided to try this as a rice substitute I was a bit hmmmm.
 But it is delicious, truly yum.
Hubby and the kiddos loved it and went back for more!
So-
Take a head of cauliflower, grate it through the large holes side of the grater or if you are lazy like me blitz it in the food processor til it is crumbly grainy (aka like rice!)
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the wok,
Add some onions and stir about til translucent, add some bacon if you would like some ( I again took the lazy option and used 50gm of shredded ham) the toss all the cauliflower into the hot wok, keep it all moving until it is tender- about 4-5 minutes then add whatever veg you like, I used fresh peas from the garden,  diced capsicum, chopped spinach leaves, garlic, mushrooms, You could also add a chopped up scrambled egg (but DD13 hadn’t collected them yet!)
Add 2 tablespoons of dark unsweetened soy sauce ( i use mushroom soy because it is really lovely)
You are done- just like fried rice and we really did enjoy it.
At under 70 calories for a big bowl- I was really pleased & the kiddos got a heap of good veg and almost didn’t know it!!


This post is linked up at tempt my tummy tuesday at Blessed withh Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment